Sunday, July 29, 2012

Back to school again...

My last summer at home in Texas has gone by extremely quickly. I head back to Tuscaloosa on Wednesday to start my senior year of college. Where has time gone?! Sometimes I wish I could rewind, start over and stay in college forever. However, I am also extremely excited about graduating and living in a new city to start a new chapter of my life.

Earlier in July, I had the awesome opportunity to attend the Alpha Chi Omega National Convention in St. Louis, Missouri. I had never been to St. Louis until this summer, and I had a great time getting to bond with my sorority sisters and see the sights of St. Louis all at the same time. We went to the top of the arch, and it gave our sorority's open motto "Together Let Us Seek The Heights" to a whole new meaning. I am really excited to take back everything that I learned at the convention and share it with the rest of my sorority sisters back in Alabama. Here is a solo shot of me in front of the arch... Good thing I was there to old it up!

Heading back to school means that classes are about to start. Classes starting mean that it is fall. And, when its fall you know it is finally college football season! There is nothing that I love more than watching the Crimson Tide in Bryant Denny Stadium during the fall except watching the Crimson Tide crush Michigan in the Cowboy's Stadium during the fall. Yes, that's right. I didn't mumble. Alabama is having their very first football game of the 2012 season IN MY HOME TOWN! It is not possible that there is anyone more pumped about this epic game than me. I have been in college for three years now, and very few of my friends have gotten to come home with me to Texas. I am so excited to show all of them where I grew up. I am also so glad that they have all finally agreed to make the 9 hour drive from Tuscaloosa to Arlington. I am also thrilled to tell all my friends that they raised the speed limit in Texas to 75 mph so the drive will now be significantly shorter. Roll Tide to that!!

See ya later blog! I'll be back soon!

Lexi from Texi

No comments:

Post a Comment