Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take ya

On Friday night, Gracie, David, Andy (Wildman) and I decided that it would be a marvelous idea to mark a few things off of our DC Bucket List. The two that we decided to check off were eat a late night meal at this restaurant called Crepe Away and to watch the sunrise on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. What were we thinking? Let's just say that I was tired for the rest of the weekend! Anyways, since that night I have eaten at Crepe Away two times. It is seriously the best crepes I have ever had whether it be late night or not. Check out their menu on their website and you'll see why we love it so much. Give me cheap, wonderful crepes, and I am in Heaven. They have every flavor imaginable, and if they just so happen to not have a crepe that fancies you, then you can tell them exactly what you want in it. Basically, it is AMAZING! My first Crepe Away experience was beautiful, but watching the sunrise from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial was spectacular. There was a lot of waiting for it to stop being dark and start becoming light, but it was totally worth it. It would have been slightly neater if the reflecting pool wasn't drained. Don't ask me why it is drained because honestly, I have no idea and neither does anyone I ask. Maybe they are resurfacing it... but who knows? Maybe someday when it is refilled I will stay up all night again and watch the reflection of the sun too, but I highly doubt that will happen. This was definitely a one time adventure.

My parents are coming in town tomorrow, and I turn 20 on Thursday. It should be an eventful weekend. When I first started this blog, I shared funny things that happened to me, but I haven't done that in a while, but I will attempt to start updating it with more funny accounts of my life. Probably because I laugh at EVERYTHING that happens to me. For example, the Beach Boys song Kokomo has been stuck in my head for 4 days, no joke! If you have a strategy of how to forget a song, please let me know because I could desperately use the advice. Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama... Key Largo, Montego.... AHHH I must STOP!

That's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment